Summer Makeup Tips for the Beach
All the elements that make the seashore incredible — the sand, the surf, salt water, humid breeze — typically cause regular beauty products to melt, run or just flat out bomb. Whether you are strolling down the boardwalk, getting a sun kiss on the sand or enjoying the aquatic lifestyle poolside you always want to give off an alluring aura – makeup included. A face full of makeup while beaching or lounging near any water can look a bit forced and even plain ridiculous at times. If you’re spending your day at the beach or pool you want to be sure your makeup will withstand the humidity as well as the water. The key to great beach makeup is to make it look effortless. Easier said than done, right? Wrong! With a few summer makeup tips and tricks for the beach, your skin can look fresh and misty, glowing and blissful, and ultimately… not made up.
Try these 5 summer makeup tips on your next beach outing for a delightful yet effortless look.
- Invest in smudge proof brow and eye pencils that contain wax. Products with long-wearing or waterproof elements are essential for any beach-proof look.
- Skip the foundation and powder so your skin can breathe. Remember any powdery products will turn into a paste on your face as the day heats up!
- Instead of big eye makeup try a high volume, waterproof mascara.
- Tie it all in your lips! Try bold, bright colors like fuchsias, tangerines, teals or even cherries. Don’t go for perfection, just a splash of color!
- Don’t underestimate the power of a floppy hat & shades!